Conversion Cv and Kv valve flow coefficients
Calculation of the conversion Cv to Kv
is the Cv and Kv of a control valve ?
2. Conversion of Cv and Kv
3. Excel calculation tool
1. What is the Cv and Kv of a control valve ?
Cv and Kv are 2 coefficient allowing to relate the pressure drop
through a valve to the flowrate of fluid going through. Cv is commonly
called the flow coefficient and Kv is commonly called the flow factor.
They have very similar meaning but not exactly the same definition.
What does the Cv of a valve mean ?
- Cv is measuring the flow of water under a pressure drop of 1
psi, at 60 F. It is expressed in gallon / min
What does the Kv of a valve mean ?
- Kv is measuring the flow of water under a pressure drop of 1
bar, at 5-30 c. It is expressed in m3/h.
2. Conversion in between Cv and Kv
convert Cv to Kv or convert Kv to Cv ? It is possible to convert Cv
and Kv with the following formula :
3. Valve Cv Excel calculation tool